Change to keyless solutions that reduce check-in times and front desk friction all while promoting safety, and sustainability.
A keyless front desk saves time and money
Physical room keys are unnecessary in 2022. Guests often lose keycards, leave them in their rooms, or have to deal with the hassle of putting them somewhere they won’t get demagnetized. Keyless entry, when combined with online check-in, gives guests the ability to skip the front desk altogether and go straight to their rooms.
Self-service technology is the future
70% of guests want to use their smartphone to speed up check-in and services. Self-service technology like mobile room keys allows guests to express complete control over their hotel experience.
Our Hotel Room Key Partners
From keypad locks to mobile keys, integrate your RoomRaccoon HMS to one of the top hotel room key providers for every type of property.
Enhance safety and efficiency for staff and guests
Contactless hospitality can improve guest safety, increase staff productivity, and provide a fantastic experience all at the same time.
Attract more eco-tourists
According to Booking.com, 68% percent of tourists prefer to book eco-friendly accommodation. Plastic-free key solutions can form part of your property’s sustainable marketing strategy.
1. What are the most popular types of hotel room keys?
Mobile keys are digital keys that allow guests to open hotel doors via a smartphone. 76% of travelers say that a smartphone is their most important travel companion, and for this reason, it makes sense to invest in the future of keyless entry.
Electronic door locks
Electronic door locks can be opened with a PIN, a chip card, fingerprint, or an app. Digital systems are very handy and provide a wide range of functions and features. Some door locks require a stable Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection to work.
2. How do digital door lock installation and reprogramming work?
Depending on the model chosen, digital door locks can be installed on a range of doors, including timber, multi-point UPVC, aluminum, and glass as well as external doors. Digital door locks can easily and quickly be reprogrammed and instantly reinstated if compromised or if there is a changeover in staff.
3. What are the benefits of digital hotel room keys?
There are many reasons why hoteliers are increasingly adopting digital key solutions:
- Greater guest convenience with online check-in and online check-out
- Increased guest security with authentication of digital key technology
- Improved guest online hotel reviews (on average a 7 point improvement)
- Ability to feature add-ons and drive revenue on mobile key app
- Enhanced guest and staff safety by eliminating keycard handoffs and minimizing in-person interactions
- Guests enjoy ‘straight to hotel room’ privilege and easier physical distancing
- Hotels benefit from environmental credits by reducing plastic usage and waste