Christmas is nearly upon us, so now is the perfect time to arrange some (last-minute) Christmas extravaganza. The days are getting colder, shorter and you want your accommodation to be the perfect place to reside during the holidays. Here are 15 ideas to create that extra special Christmas experience for your guests, and for yourself.
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas
So, deck your hall and the other areas to surprise your guest
1. Decorate your accommodation with a Christmas tree with a lot of string lights. The only time that the more, the merrier really counts
2. A special outfit for you and your staff can help lift the festive spirits. I’m not saying that you should dress up like Santa Claus and turn your staff into elves, but a tiny hint of Christmas themed accessories or a crisp, white button down will give a special touch
3. Feeling like a Romantic Christmas? Go for Mistletoe!
4. In-room decorations give your guests that extra homely feeling
5. Hang a Christmas wreath on the door of your Hotel or B&B
All I want for Christmas is…
The most wonderful time of the year can be the perfect moment to gift your guests something extra
6. Tiny wrapped up presents cause an instant ‘awh’ factor. It doesn’t have to be anything huge – even a personal, handwritten card with a tiny souvenir can do the trick. You could gift anything, but I would suggest it will not be the bill
7. Instead of the good old chocolate on the pillow, gift your guests some Christmas cookies
8. Welcome your guest with a special drink like Hot chocolate with marshmallows
9. Organize fun activities for your guest like decorating Christmas cookies for the kids or an ugly Christmas sweater contest
10. People love visiting Christmas Markets during the season. Create a tiny guide with tips for the best ones in your area
Jingle all the Way
To keep your guests extra warm, you can spice things up this December (with some cool activities)
11. Heath up your fireplace or create a bonfire with some S’Mores Galore
12. Organise a 5-course Christmas dinner
13. Let your guests meet Santa Claus! They might blush when the meet the white bearded fella
14. You can serve your guests Christmas themed cocktails or drinks like a nice cup of Glühwein, Eggnog or a Hot Toddy
15. Invite a choir to sing Christmas carols for them
Overall, the holiday season is the ultimate time of giving, sharing, and togetherness. Share the holiday spirit with your guests before the season ends and wish them happy holidays. Have a happy and lovely holiday season, from everyone at RoomRaccoon!